CCHS Guidance Department
Our specialty is student services: student schedules, counseling, college
and career planning, and many others. If you have questions about
any of these services or a concern, please do not hesitate to contact
Guidance Information for Students and Parents
Do you want to receive text messages or e-mails from the guidance department staff? All students and parents are welcome to sign up. Please click here for more information.
Take the ACT numerous times. Fee waivers are available for students who qualify. Prepare for the ACT. There are ACT score requirements for college admission and scholarship opportunities. Register at act.org.
- Visit the websites of colleges you are interested in attending to find out about available scholarships. Colleges offer numerous scholarships to their students.
- Contact college admissions counselors assigned to your school and ask about scholarships and financial aid available.
- Guidance staff will inform seniors about available scholarships throughout the year. See the senior page for more information.
- Look for scholarships on your own. You can find opportunities not announced at school.
- Many scholarship links can be found on this page.
Financial Aid: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Seniors need to complete the FAFSA on October 1, 2018 (or as close to October 1 as possible) at fafsa.gov. If students wait until later, they may lose the opportunity to earn state grant money.